Friday 18 August 2017

Satan Reviews- Books: Cream Buns and Crime

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/31850657-cream-buns-and-crime

Cream Buns and Crime

Robin Stevens

Puffin 

Spoilers
This is a little compilation of short stories that take place in between the other books- i.e. the best way to tide over until the next book is published.

I sometimes forget that this series is meant for readers younger than me and then I'm suddenly reminded repeatedly because "I should be careful of hot water" or whatever. Could be read as a little patronising but okay.

The stories were all fun and it was good to hear from other narratives as Alex, Daisy and Beanie all had a turn of writing and sharing case notes. Both were different from Hazel and each other without jarring against the way the other books are generally written.

I wish there'd been more short stories and less activities. I don't like it when books encourage me to write in them. I ended up skipping the recipes because I didn't really care at that point and I'm not into reading recipes books and if I was, I would have been reading one instead.

I think my favourite short story was either Beanie's Christmas on or Daisy's Vampire one.
Beanie's was sweet and I was close to making a Protect Beanie hashtag because she's so precious.
Daisy's vampire story was amusing and it involved Daisy pretending to be someone's conscious to trick them to stop them extorting money from their own daughter. Which is funny considering Daisy's attitudes towards people.

I gave this book four out of five stars.

Note: I know this is short. I'm lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment