Thursday 4 January 2018

Satan Reviews- TV: Inhumans (Short Overview)

It was a few weeks ago that I finished this series but I still remember it enough to complain about it on the internet.

(Spoilers, obviously)

I don't believe this show is going to get a second season. From what I've read the ratings were pretty poor and apparently someone may have already confirmed it but I don't know....

I have one word or phrase for this show: hot mess. There's some points that I may but won't say in this post because I already wrote about them here.

I had many problems with this show; the poor CGI, spotty character development, the fact I had no idea what was going on occasionally...

The poor CGI is a small point and isn't really that big of a deal because the cut off out the main problem: Medusa's hair. I often wonder what was the point of having a character to be completely depowered within the first episode? But that's a different paragraph.
Medusa's hair looked a mess and was probably the main talking point when the first promos came out. The wig they used looked fake and tacky and just generally ew, and the length made it difficult to animate. So it's probably a good thing that her hair was completely shaved off in some sort of weird rape allegory.
Not to mention Lockjaw. He may be the only good character, and his animation wasn't bad but it was slightly weird. Idk...

The character development was weird or not there at all. Karnak only changed because of a girl who was in the show for about two episodes. So he basically became slightly less of a dick because of his dick. He treated Gorgon like shit and we're meant to believe that he'd suddenly go out of his way to bring the guy back from the dead?

Medusa's "character development" made no sense to me because I don't understand why she started the show so entitled. It's established multiple times that her parents had been killed by the royal family, so why did she act like she had the royal brat entitlement that she hadn't grown out of? Her development was to become slightly less entitled. Great.
Crystal had the same problem, but it made a little more sense because she was a lot younger than Medusa so probs didn't remember her parents and was therefore less affected by their death. Maybe... I'm kinda just pulling this all out my arse.

There were some characters I just genuinely didn't care about. For example, Louise's arc about trying to get her dad to the moon failed to add the intended emotion and sentimentality that the show really needed because it was hard to care about a character's wants when they don't draw the audience in.

Also, characters who could have been interesting were side-lined or killed off. Mordis could have been a good character as his existence could have allowed character development for anyone. A whole starting the realise the system had always been broken thing, or a maybe treat the guy who'd been locked in a cupboard for many years any compassion thing. At one point, the show tries to make you believe that Karnak felt sorry for him. But, jokes! He was doing it to emotionally disarm the guy and then said that he Mordis should have been killed after his Terrigenesis. What a nice guy.

The big reveal at the end that it was technically Maximus' fault that his and Blackbolt's parents died which is so ridiculous on so many levels. Maximus made a dick mood to piss Blackbolt off, which worked. It was Blackbolt speaking that killed them. Maximus didn't force the guy's jaw open or stamp on his toe or something. It makes sense for Maximus to feel guilty, but for Blackbolt to lose his shit considering he was, to that point, written as fairly calm and calculating? I'm still a little lost on that one. I can see at least why he locked Maximus up in a bunker to die alone on the moon.

So, all in all, the show was meh.
Did it have any merits? None that I can think of.
Did I hate it? Not really....
Would I ever re-watch the series? NO.


AN: This is short and shit because my memory span is pretty short and shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment