Monday 10 October 2016

Favourite Character Series #3

Missy from Doctor Who.

Contains spoilers from series 8 and 9 of modern Who.

You can't judge me for this. Well, you could, but that's a tad mean, don't you think?
I'd put the Wiki summary, but it's long and doesn't really describe Missy.
In my opinion, it's really easy: evil Mary Poppins.
Because, I don't know if you've ever noticed, but she has a striking resemblance.
Could be the outfit, or the fact that she canonically travelled using an umbrella which I looked for on YouTube, but I found the killing Osgood scene instead and I was like no m8, there isn't an umbrella in that scene, what drugs are you on???. Who knows?

My friend isn't very keen on Missy, which is a shame because that means we can't fangirl together. So sad.

Anyway, I like Missy because she's a lil bit unhinged, quite funny and wonderfully acted by Michelle Gomez. Who I may or may not have a lil bit of a crush on, idk.
Missy changes the lyrics of a song so their about her; my ideal level of vanity. She kills quite a few people, which doesn't turn me off characters, unless you count that time she killed Osgood. Because just no. Still not over it. I don't care that it has been two years. It still hurts.

http://www.warpedfactor.com/2014/11/doctor-who-missy-moffats-master-stroke.html
I have two big questions about Missy.
Is the "he gave it to me when my daughter...." thing ever going to be explained? EVER? I need to know. Because angst. Also, it's annoying when writers throw really good things away. It can't be left as a throw away comment!

Also: WHEN IS MISSY COMING BACK?!?!
Pretty self explanatory. We last saw her (when I write this) in the first two episodes of series 9. But that was ages ago and then we didn't have a series in 2016 because life is terrible and 2016 was terrible.

Guess who I ship Missy with!
Clara.
Because I'm probs going to Hell. I don't actually know why especially cos of the whole "Missy technically turned Clara's dead boyfriend into a Cyberman, who then blew himself up and Missy tried to get the Doctor to kill Clara after putting her into a Dalek" thing. And I didn't even like Clara that much, but she deserved better is all I'm saying, but I think that about 99% of any of the characters who count as companions. But yeah. Shipping is a strange thing.

What do you think of Missy? You could maybe, possibly, tell me in the comments section below or something.

Last Favourite Character

No comments:

Post a Comment