Friday 9 December 2016

Satan Reviews-Books: Mrs Jeffries Plays The Cook

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21358796-mrs-jeffries-plays-the-cook

Mrs Jeffries Plays The Cook (Mrs Jeffries #7)

Emily Brightwell

C & R Crime 


I read another book in this series last year, and from what I remember, it was alright.

The main problem with this book was that it either dragged on and on or suddenly rushed, giving you tonnes of information at once. I feel like the book should have been longer so the rushed information could be spread out. I feel as if I missed some parts of the book because it was rushed I have a bad habit of skim reading when tired.

The other annoying thing about this book was due to the constant changing of narrators, the voice changed from full cockney to not that bad English. It's also slightly unnecessary. I mean, including non main characters, I can think of about seven points of view at least. Emily needs to chill. It's confusing.

I don't think the murderer was obvious. I'm a bit thick tho. So who knows? I mean I kinda guessed  who the murderer was near the end... probs, Idk. #skill
I definitely knew that it wasn't Minerva, the woman who stole a fucking ornament bird and was caught putting it back bc she's a ding. An absolute mong. Twit of the year, etc. Also because that would be a bit boring, unless Emily did something interesting with it. But I don't think that kind of thing would suit the chill novel style.

Would I buy more of this series? Maybe. If it was on offer or something like the two I've got were. I probably wouldn't buy them for full price bc they're alright, but I'm not in love with this series.

I gave this book 3 out of 5 stars.                        

No comments:

Post a Comment