Wednesday 7 December 2016

Trope Series #14

White Lies Can Only Escalate

That awkward moment when you lie about doing your homework and then the lie somehow escalates to your gran being kidnapped by the mafia and being held for ransom.


I swear this only happens in sitcoms. You've done something you don't want to own up to so you tell a little fib, a white lie that seems plausible. Then somehow you're telling more and more fibs, each somehow more outrageous than the one before.

It's so ridiculous and really hasn't been funny since, like, the early 2000's or something. I think it's really only used in kid shows now bc lying is bad or whatever. When we still need to teach thirteen year-olds morals. Apparently.

I don't think you really get this in books. Thank god. I don't think I could cope with trying to keep track of that over the week it would take me to read the book. That book would be thrown at the wall so many times, and I don't throw books, like, so you know it would be bad. 
But you can't throw TV shows at walls. Unless you throw a DVD, but they break easily, probs, so I wouldn't suggest it. And by the time you get the DVD out of the DVD player you're not annoyed enough anymore to want to throw the disc at a wall.

What do you think about this trope? Tell me in the comments below.

Sorry about the short post, but there isn't much I can say about this trope or on anything if you look at the current length of my posts. If there's any constructive criticism you can give me, tell me below bc I want to make this blog the best it can be without spending any money.

Last Trope Post

No comments:

Post a Comment