Wednesday 14 December 2016

Trope Series #15

Just Tell Them the Truth!

More stuff about lies.... yay.

You know when one character really has to tell another character something, usually their love interest, but when they're about to tell them the other character an important thing, something happens and they're like "it's nothing", even though it's clearly something. Such as, "I'm pregnant with your child", "I'm in love with you", "I'm dying", "you're dying", "I'm not actually a prince, the reason I look like one is bc my genie made me look like one so I could win your heart and marry you".

The thing that stops the person from telling the truth always contradicts somehow to what they're about to say. Because timing. This will only happen because it took them forever to tell the truth and then they end up telling realising that they need to tell the truth too late.

This tends to drag on and on meaning that when the truth is finally revealed, it leads to some sort of conflict. Usually over the top, never ending conflict. Because unnecessary drama/ episode filler.

I find that this trope can be funny bc they get stop by things that are sometimes brutal. Like someone will be about to tell the love interest that their in love with them and the love interest goes "I love our platonic relationship it's so platonic and great, I don't think it should change at all, ever. So what were you about to tell me?"
And the main character is like "I was about to say the exact same thing. Heh heh heh...."
They hug and you see in the character's eyes that they're dying inside.



I find weird things funny.

Last Trope Post

No comments:

Post a Comment