Sunday 16 July 2017

The 13th Doctor Revealed!

I've actually heard of this person before they were in Doctor Who- an actual miracle.



If you hadn't heard, Jodie Whittaker has been announced as the 13th Doctor! I did actually forget who she was before I googled the name; but then I was like, "oh, it's her!"

I've seen her in Broadchurch and the modern St. Trinian's. Admittedly, I didn't realise she was in St. Trinian's until I googled her name, but I loved those films when I was younger so it's all good.
People were saying that they're not a fan because she was sad and shouty in Broadchurch or something. And I'm like... her character's son died??? It was the main plot of season one??? It's one way of grieving????

There are people saying that having a female Doctor is just the BBC being pc and all that shit. And I'm like, "oh no. How awful, A show trying to keep up with the times and being progressive." I mean, what's next, women not being treated as sexual objects and poc not being villainised in shows that use their cultures and make them either evil and/or background characters? Shocking.

People have been complaining that Doctor Who has recently become really political. I'm pretty sure it's been a little political for a while now, but okay. Wasn't there a six parter story for Jon Pertwee/ the third Doctor that was basically about how capitalism sucks and the bourgeoisie exploit the proletariat? For example, The Monster of Peladon heavily references the miner's strikes and was broadcasted during the miner's strikes. So ya know they've kinda been political for a while now.

Anyway, we shouldn't judge Jodie before she's had a chance to be the Doctor. Loads of people hated Peter Capaldi before his stories and after a while, people at least didn't hate him in the role. I think that Peter Capaldi was a good Doctor, he just wasn't always given the best stories; but you can say that about all of the Doctors, people just sometimes have a well-deserved bias against Moffat.

We should also stop using Autistic as an insult @ people on Twitter.

More political Dr Who stories can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment