Wednesday 31 August 2016

Satan's Personal Posts-9: Results Day

I know this is late, but I just haven't had the effort to write about it. But now I'm doing it, so that's something. Not like it's almost been a week or anything like...

I did v. well with my GCSE's, if you were wondering. I got the results on Thursday sometime after eight in the morning because in my opinion, it's better to get it over and done with. I then had to do the joyous activity of signing up to sixth form because I know literally nothing for these things. What's you GP's number? I don't even know the address like, I had to google it because I couldn't just put "literally just down the road, mate".
It's a good job I did my makeup that day because they were taking pictures for student ID or something and I'm not using a picture of me with dark circles under my eyes and bright red cheeks.

Below are my results from the GCSE (English Literature) that you have to do in year 10 at my school. It's different now because a different school board took over and everything is weird, but it doesn't affect me, so it's fine.
The results from my English Lit GCSE that we had to do in year ten.
For anyone who can't read it (because it is v. small, I'm struggling to read it in preview mode), the picture above says that I got a B overall (mark equivalent: 152). This is from a B in Unit 1 Higher (me: 49) and the controlled assessment (me: 39) and an A in Unit 2A Higher (me: 64).

https://twitter.com/TempletonPhoebe/status/768745200126717953
Who doesn't love a smiley emoji?
(If you can't read it, click on the picture where it'll take you to my original tweet where the picture is larger).
I'm happy with my results overall, especially considering the nightmare tests this year and the fact that I'm an idiot. I could have done better on somethings probably, but I can't complain really for once.
I don't want to be that person who does well, but complains because they didn't get A* on everything. Like, there was one person who was complaining that they got an A instead of an A* in music due to the E they got in unit 2 (appraisal).
I got B's in everything in music except the D in unit 2 and got a C overall and I'm not complaining. Mostly because it means that I can't be forced into doing music at A Level because I need a B to do it.
Although I think I'd be allowed to complain if I didn't get at least a B in English Language because I got pretty much full marks on the course work. Or at least that's what my teacher told me and she told me that I'd got an A* in my coursework last year and I got a B, soooo....

I've finally chosen my A Level subjects, I could end up changing them, depending how terrible they turn out to be. I've currently decided on Psychology, Maths, English Language and Photography. I was debating doing French for a while, but with the current lack of  language teachers (two teachers for three languages), I decided against it.
I don't think I'd have got away with not doing Maths A Level. Literally because my maths teacher was squatting at the table where I was going through my A Level choices with another maths teacher...

As you may have guessed, I'm going to the sixth form of the secondary school I've been going to since year seven I can't escape. I got my acceptance letter the Saturday after results day, so at least I know they don't want to get rid of me just yet.

Anyway, I'm happy with my results and I guess I'm looking forward to starting sixth form on Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment