Tuesday 2 August 2016

Satan's Personal Posts- 6: I'm Too Close to Being an Adult for my Liking

As a sixteen year-old I'm two years away from legally being an adult.
This scares the shit out of me.



I finished my GCSE's in June and I'm currently waiting for my results (twenty-fifth of August). Every time I realise how close that is I scream internally. My school sent me, like, three letters in a month about it. The latest being a form to sign up to sixth form where you have to put in the grades you got for your GCSE's... Small problem there as I haven't got them back yet...

Another step into adult occurred on Sunday (thirty-first of July) as my 11-16 bus pass ran out. Apparently I need to wait until results day to renew it. I have to walk everywhere for a month because I'm not paying £1.50 to get to town when I can walk there for free (also I can add up more km on Pokémon Go if I walk because apparently it doesn't count it if you're moving faster than 30mph). Fortunately, my friends hardly ever invite me out during the holidays, so little travelling is actually needed...

As I'm sixteen, I can legally have sex with another person over the age of sixteen. Wonderful. It now also means that if a creep makes an "ew" comment I can't yell at them about how I'm a child. Instead I have to yell at them about how they're being a fucking creep. It's great when weird old men stare at you're thighs when you're out because you wear short shorts/skirts and "fashion" tights. I used to have a pair of tights that were black up to the middle of your thigh, with Simba's face smiling at people that looked really cute (they recently died because ladders) and adults (especially older men) would blatantly stare at my thighs, like it was a normal thing to do. Some of my friends were literally tempted to yell at them because it was creepy as shit and I was fifteen at the time so it was extra creepy even if I look older because height + makeup.

These tights were cute as shit, I really want another pair but they stopped selling them ages ago.

I now have less ammo for yelling at twats on kik who send you pictures of their dicks for no reason. I hate these people. My username has "Don't Send Me Nudes" in it to try to give them an early warning. It often doesn't work. I don't think many people have been sent pictures of a dick in a sandal. There isn't enough soap in the word to rid your eyes of that filth.

For some reason, it's weird for me to like "childish" things. And I'm going to put it out there, I fucking love Scooby-Doo. It's so pure, too good for this world. For some reason I was really nostalgic about it recently. I just sat there and contemplated the greatness that is Scooby-Doo. But am I too old to enjoy it? But we can all agree that the live action films from the 2000's were absolute gold, you can't disagree with that.
Literally straight afterwards, I was really nostalgic about Freefonix, a cartoon from when I was eight and it was beautiful because it was ridiculous. I swear I had some sort of crush on one of the antagonists, Lady Lux. Like, I was low-key obsessed or something. She wasn't even that good looking of a character. I need to made a post about it because that shit was wild for eight year-old me.


     Eight year-old me's fictional bae. ^^ Legit don't remember her having such aggressive eyebrows.

Freefonix was so weird and 2000's, but it was so serious with classic scenes and songs such as:
  1. The Polka Yodelling Fight Scene
  2. A different Polka Yodelling Fight Scene
  3. My New Pink Sweater but it's actually catchy so whatever.
  4. The entire episode that I can't find a link/name for where they start singing about the stuff they want for some reason, and the ginger midget sings about how he fancies Lady Lux because eight year-old me fucking died.
  5. Kiss My Bass- The lyrics sound so sexual. What the shit? This was a kids show. Also what the fuck was going on with her eyebrows??
  6. This Noise Destroys (We are Mantyz!) because it's actually really catchy.
I had to delete my watch history after this because I don't even know what people would think...

I'm expected to be able to be a least moderately independent. Well, thanks to the adults in my life, I have little confidence which doesn't help with your ability to be independent because you second guess everything you do. Teachers think that self/ peer assessment helps with your ability to do the subject- it doesn't. If you don't know what's right, how can you tell if someone's done it wrong? Apart from spelling because even if you don't know how to spell a word you can tell if it's spelt wrong four times out of ten.
Guess how much help I got from teachers when I had to pick my A Levels.... Not a lot.
Did I ever have the careers appointment that was meant to be scheduled for me???
No.
Have I picked all my A Levels?
No.
Do I even want to do all the ones I have picked?
No.
Do I even want to stay at my school for A Levels?
Not as much as I did before.
Most of the teachers are leaving. We're done to one music teacher, two language teachers (my school teaches three languages, so there's already a big problem), one chemistry teacher, like two(?) English teachers, and no performing arts teachers, plus the head of science has left. And knowing how my school works they won't even think about replacing the teachers until September. Glad to know they really care about the hundreds of 11-18 years-olds attending the school.

Ayyyyyyyyyy......





No comments:

Post a Comment