Monday 3 October 2016

Favourite Character Series #2

Lucifer from The Wicked + The Divine.

Contains spoilers from about the first 11 issues/ first 2 volumes.

Luci was a Sinnamon roll that really didn't deserve any of issue #5 or the horrible things that happened to her before that.

Wikipedia description:

Goes by Luci to most. Her original name was Eleanor Rigby (a reference to the Beatles song of the same name) and she was turned into Luci at the age of 18. She first meets Laura after an Amaterasu concert and offers Laura divinity in exchange for her help. She enjoyed being rebellious against authority and had a desire for people to notice her, which being on stage allowed her to divulge in. Her powers appeared to be fire themed, often causing explosions and lightning cigarettes. 

What they forget to mention if that Ananke exploded her head in issue #5, but whatever. Still not over it.

She's incredibly sassy/ sarcastic in an amusing way, which really should have suggested her death to me because it's always the fun one's that die. She was one of my favourite characters (obviously) along with Laura. I think I may have mentioned something about shipping them in the last post.


Anyway, she was super powerful and super beautiful and if I was gay, I would have been super gay for her. Pretty sure she was super bi or something.

The only problem I have with this character is that I think she was transphobic towards Cassandra at one point, not 100% sure. I vaguely remember her apologising or was it Laura? over it. I'd have to read it again to be sure on everything that happened... To be honest, I'd completely forgotten about it until doing some research and remembering that Cassandra is a trans woman. Update: I Googled it and couldn't find anything, and now I'm not sure if I'm making it up or not...
Obviously, it's not a great thing for her to be one of my favourite characters if she's transphobic, but just because I like the character, it doesn't mean that I condone their actions. I'm allowed a problematic fave.


What do you think of Luci? Comment below.

Last Favourite Character

No comments:

Post a Comment