Tuesday 8 November 2016

Satan Reviews- Books: Ayoade on Ayoade

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25882760-ayoade-on-ayoade

Ayoade on Ayoade: A Cinematic Odyssey

Richard Ayoade

Faber & Faber

Warning: Short, impersonal and no swearing.

It took me a long time to read this book, only because I started school again and was suddenly a lot busier. If I hadn't been at school this would have been finished ages ago because it's hard to put down.

It's a thoroughly enjoyable book, when you can understand what Ayoade is saying. I could most of the time, but there were moments where I thought, "ahhhhhhhhhh" because it was stretching my vocabulary and nothing to do with the fact that I'm a bit thick.

I didn't exactly laugh out loud when reading this book, but there was an occasional snort and an appreciative nod when I found something amusing. Which was often. It was eloquently written with "spunk" as I think Ayoade would write, that read brilliantly well and was entirely entertaining.

I gave this book four out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment