Wednesday 30 November 2016

Trope Series #13

Do Americans Actually Have to Babysit Eggs?

But seriously?? Do they??
This is a thing I've seen in a couple of American shows. Like, teenagers will just be given eggs to look after, like the eggs were babies. Is this a real thing?? Does it still happen???

The trope also has a variant where they have to look after dolls that scream, which is disturbing on many levels. Baby dolls are creepy enough without the fact that they now make noises randomly. Why would anyone make them??????

But I swear that like every time this trope happens the egg breaks. Why is it so hard for two people to look after an egg? Although I'd probs break it within an hour, but that's me and I shouldn't be trusted with anything. Something that's quite common is that people are put into pairs to look after the eggs and they hate each other. Like why would you pair people that hate each other together? WHY? Surely that's a terrible idea. So is using an egg as a replacement for a baby bc surely they're more fragile than a baby? Probably. I guess. Idk.

What do you think of this trope? Comment below.

Last Trope Post

No comments:

Post a Comment